StudentsReview :: Harding University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly

Friendly

Average
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Jan 27 2006
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Harding is a very nice school to attend. I think there are definatly things that are out of whack, but there are things that every school could do better. I think the rules are extreme. I will say that I do attend this university and there is definatly stuff that goes on that Harding, I believe lets slide, because if they didn't there student body would be about half of what it is now. I was a member of a certain club but am not anymore due to the administration which is definatly retarted. Chapel and Bible class are a bit too much for me. I was raised in the church of christ and was pretty much forced to come here. I think students looking for God should definatly come here and I think that Harding is good for some people, but horrible for other people. For me I feel like I was pushed further from God than when I started. I feel like chapel and bible everyday finally pushed me over the edge and i had had enough of God and went looking for other things. I believe there are a lot of students like me at the University.

Another thing if you want to have fun here it is definatly available. You definatly don't have to look very far to find the parties. I have heard a figure from a liquor store close by and the figure was that about 35% of their business was from Harding Students. This same store had a sign once a couple of years ago that said

Welcome back Harding Students
So this is definatly not a no party no how school. The rules are very easy to get around. You need to have good friends that will not rat you out and you just can't get caught red handed. If your not caught red handed than your ok. The administration will if they have and inquiry that you are breaking the rules call you up and talk to you. I've been in the dean's office several times so I speak from experience. They will lie and they will come up with just ridiculos stuff to try to get you to confess so they can get rid of you. What you have to do is just lie back to them or just keep your mouth shut and they will not be able to do anything to you. I've been at this university for 3 years and it has really been a blast the people that I have met and the relationships i've created are awesome. Thats the only reason I like this school the people are down right cool but there are definatly people who are total idiots.

Bottom-line don't let anyone fool you saying there is no fun at this school. I don't know how many drunkin parties i've been to and i don't know how many bars in little rock and memphis i have been to. I couldn't tell you. And I also don't know how many times I have gotten completly drunk in my dorm room with 5 or 6 friends everyday. So consider that when you are thinking about coming to Harding. Teachers are great students are great Administration SUCKS!

Oh and it wants me to give my email address but I'm not because of fear of retaliation from the university but I swear on my life all of what I have said is true.

Harding University