StudentsReview :: Virginia Commonwealth University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Duke University -- Durham, NC

Campus MaintenanceF University Resource/spendingF
Violent

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Research Quality
He cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Dec 31 1969
Major: History/Histories (art history/etc.) (This Major's Salary over time)
I have been enrolled at VCU as a graduate student for 2 years. I was accepted as TA- meaning i was actually paid to attend vcu based on my grades, work experience, and recomendations. I am completely unsatisfied with VCU and specifically the history department and its faculty. The faculty take no interest in students or TAs. They are arrogent and condescending. There is nothing harder at VCU than trying to contact a teacher or get advice from a faculty member. Incomplete answers are common, and explanations are nonexistent. Moreover, as of yet I have found NO help resources. Based on my experiences at VCU and specifically the history department and its students and faculty- I feel the university has nothing positive to offer. Double standards are common—for example, i was told to pass students who could not write in complete sentences with As and Bs—the same grades competent students were receiving. Teachers passed students for no apparent reason…meaning these people, who cannot write in complete sentences, will receive college degrees and potentially compete against well educated students, who had to do much more than write sentence fragments to graduate. I can't recommend any part of VCU academic life or social life in good conciousness.

Moreover, I have found no way to voice my opinions and experiences to the college president or administration.

Compare VCUSave VCU