StudentsReview :: Harvey Mudd College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Social Life
D
Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Mar 24 2006
Major: Engineering Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I (white male) was simply the best at math/science/engineering at my high school…of 3000 students. I tutored the students that would tutor other students in math and science. In addition, I was section leader in several award-winning music groups in high school…totally 20+ years of music credits.

Mudd was my first choice. HMC>MIT>CalTech. I felt that Mudd encompassed who I was more than the other colleges. I wanted a good challenge…and I got it. Going from the top to the bottom is not easy on the human psyche.

I sit here, in my dorm room, thinking about my experiency here thus far. This place is crazy. It seems that 20-30% of these students are not too bright. The rest, however, are absolutely brilliant. The work load here is enormous.

If you want a real @ss kicking, go to Mudd. You receive a superior technical education (learning to solve problems) and great background in the humanities and social sciences- how exactly does your work tie into society at large? CalTech students talk shit about HMC but they have no clue how difficult it really is. That's why I gave CalTech the finger.

Compare HMCSave HMC