StudentsReview :: The University of Richmond - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityC+ Extra CurricularsB+
SafetyA+
Friendly, Afraid, Arrogant, Approachable, Snooty, Closeminded

ACT:34
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1410
Safety
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Mar 28 2006
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
The typical weekend is basically always the same, drinking at your dorm followed by parties at apartments and lodges. If dancing and drinking are your thing, Richmond is for you. The lack of activities and separation from everything else limits choices. In addition, the city of Richmond is not exactly college friendly. Most of the students are the same, from better off families. They are friendly and fun, but they tend to be somewhat narrowminded. The classes are great with small sizes and usually great professors.
questionI just recently got accepted into UofR after being wait-listed and am currently in the process of financial aid negotiation with the respective department. Since I was given acceptance so late I had already accepted admission into the University of Washington, my family's first choice, MY second choice.(I live in the capitol of Washington, Olympia; close by and pretty much a smaller version of seattle). When I was searching for colleges my junior year in high school Richmond caught my eye. Granted I also hadn't done much college searching before and needed some place to send my three free AP and SAT scores to but at first glance I really liked it. I use to live in Virginia and though this was a while ago I remember my experience as very enjoyable. People were friendly, location was beautiful( a BIG deal for me) and weather was pretty good.It quickly became my first choice. But i have lived in washington for almost five years now and have definitely assimilated myself as such: I am quite a bit more liberal then when I first came. My dad's an Army Chaplain and I WAS pretty hardcore to the right first. But now I am pretty in the middle politically and like to argue both sides (since I live in Washington, very liberal, I tend to argue with them more but I would argue with conservative extremists just the same).As an example I'm the president of Earth Corps. our school's environmental awareness club while also being a huddle leader for Fellowship of Christian athletes (my faith is a huge part of my life). After thinking it over i realized i honestly havent researched this college as much a I could have (I REALLY wish i found this website sooner). The school's own website is perfectly happy to tell you how great it is but I think some opinions from the actual student might be a little more helpful. To give a little background on myself I'm a middle class white male who's into wrestling and martial arts, likes to sing (I hear a cappella choirs are popular here…), write poetry, listen to music, and do conservation projects. I've been thinking about majoring in Political Science and possibly getting into Law or the foreign service if I can get in. Any info about UofR and what you, the students personally think of it for yourselves and how you think it would fit for me would be GREATLY appreciated.
Compare RICHMOND/URichSave RICHMOND/URich