StudentsReview :: Santa Clara University - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- San Diego, CA
San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA

Santa Clara University

Survey is Blank

He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Dec 31 1969
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
This is my first year at Santa Clara I love it. I was a little concerned coming in at first because of the generalizations about Santa Clara. Im a minority student so i was afraid i would surrounded by bunch of preps. We dont have the largest diversity out of all the schools in Cali but were not invisible. Ive known some students that have felt a sort of culture shock and SCU but they get over it. If your worried about diversity (as i was) dont be. Theres a good amount of blacks, latinos, and asians among others. Also, not everyone here is well off. Theres still a large majority of us that are just plain broke (lol). The tuition is the only downside to the school in my opinion, and it doesnt seem to be going down anytime soon. Even with the expenses, i wouldnt give up my time here. The teachers are great, the students are great, the food is good, and overall SCU is just a great place to be.
responseI understand this concern about diversity, but it reveals a sort blindness to reality. Most people in the US are of european descent (around 66-67%). Santa clara is one of the very few colleges in California with a white population over 57%. So any "culture shock" are just people are are used to living in minority communities. So what if preps are everywhere? I went to a school that was 67% minority and saw similar prejudice, except that they couldn't stand "white" schools.
Santa Clara University