StudentsReview :: Samford University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Saint Thomas University -- Miami, FL

Samford University

Alumni Survey

Date: Jun 06 2006
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
My undergraduate experience has prepared me to take on the world in so many ways. They not only helped me gain a thorough amount of proffesional experience, but also helped shape me into a individual who understands the importance of cultural diversity and the changing world in which we live.
responseI highly disagree. Samford could not be any further from a proper position for teaching the importance of "cultural diversity." I find it hard to believe that such an extremely religious school, composed of a 93% white student body, could teach the proper education, understanding, and respect of people from various backgrounds. Through my experience at Samford I came to realize the school attracted people of one mind set/ background/ religion, educated them in a way that was biased towards their original upbringing, and further enforced their ways of ignorance and intolerance. People who graduate from Samford are only prepared to work and live with people who are like them. And if they never move out of Birmingham, AL or other backwards parts of the South, they're likely to live a out a life of unchallenged ignorance and small mindedness.
Compare SamfordSave Samford