StudentsReview :: The Thunderbird School of Global Management - Extra Detail about the Comment

The Thunderbird School of Global Management

Arrogant

ACT:34
Safety
B
He cares more about Creativity/ Innovation than the average student.
Date: Jun 29 2006
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I came from an undergrad program that was VERY organized and efficient. I expected the same qualities in an MBA program but, Thunderbird is very disorganized and the professors were a disappointment. There is a reason this school is in financial trouble, I have personal financials better than this school. The final straw that lead me to leave Thunderbird half way through the program was when they started interfering with my personal life. A program administrator told me that I could not take my family abbroad with me during my cultural time in Geneva. They said it would be a distraction to me and they would not permit it. They try to act like a great institution like a Harvard or Yale…they almost fool you, but, they just give a big talk and lack in a lot of areas. So, if you want to go to a school that is VERY easy to get into and is cheap Thunderbird is for you. Just remember, you get what you pay for. Take my advice and go to a good school with a GOOD reputation, it will take you further in life. Thunderbird students aren't the brightest so, you will not get a good network to work with when you need it in the work place.

responseThis person's assessment is absolutely false. I graduated from Thunderbird and I must say that it was the best experience of my life. The students were very smart and 80% of the professors were top class. The nonsense regarding not being able to take your family to Geneva is rubish. I personally know of 3 families that went abroad. I have a feeling that this person was kicked out of school for various reasons and now has an axe to grind. I was accepted into 4 other top 50 programs and I'm glad that I chose Thunderbird. The alumni network is terrific, we meet in all major cities on the first Tuesday of every month and while attending, I'm proud to observe my fellow T-birds climb the corporate ladder in all types of industries. This person is obviously very bitter but I asure you that most of his ramblings are baseless and due to personal problems.
responseI agree with the person responding to the bitter person who gave such a terrible review. I also graduated from Thunderbird, having bypassed Kellogg, Wisconsin Madison, Purdue, Keller, and Notre Dame. I'm very happy with my decision. I was offered 4 opportunities with Fortune 500 companies upon graduation and I'm currently a Senior Director with a bank/investment company on the east coast. Thunderbird isn't for everyone, it's for those who are truly in love with the International aspects of business. You have to be very resourceful and start your networking/job search from day one in the program, but the help and guidance is ever present, it's up to you to take the initiative. As with every school, some classes could have been better, but I have colleagues that graduated from Stanford/Wharton/Chicago/Harvard…and guess what…they also complain about some of the classes/professors/colleagues they had to endure while in B school. I'd recommend Thunderbird to those who are absolutely passionate about International Business.
Compare TGMSave TGM