StudentsReview :: Santa Clara University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable, Snooty

SAT1430
Super Brilliant
Academic Success
He cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Jul 19 2006
Major: Finance (This Major's Salary over time)
Look, I have no idea what some of these people are talking about, because if this is truly their experience at Santa Clara University they are doing something wrong.

Number 1 Academics,

I'm a business student, and the business school is about as challenging as my college preparatory high school. If you are an intelligent person recieving a 3.5< g.p.a should be a piece of cake. The business school is pretty easy.

The college of arts and sciences is more challenging but it is also fantastic, and I have truly enjoyed most of my classes in it.

The only students who really deserve to bitch as much as some of these people are, are the engineering students, who to my understanding, have it pretty rough.

Socially, I found the school to be fantastic. If you come from a private school background, I think you will like it too. The problem is that the student body, and especially the off campus party scene, is dominated by wealthy, white kids. I could understand why somone who doesn't fit that description wouldn't like it but I know plenty who do.

Most of the parties take place at houses in the few blocks right outside of campus. On a friday, saturday or wednesday night, and most thursdays and mondays as well there are usually 4 or 5 parties going on. The nice thing about these parties is that the people throwing them usually buy kegs and allow you to drink for free. At most of the parties there are dance floors as well. The one disadvantage is that Santa Clara is notorious for having parties shut down before 1:00 but everynight there is at least one that makes it. There are three fraternities, which don't have real frat houses but still provide some good social life in terms of day parties. There are also three sororities. The people who trash on the social scene, probably aren't that well connected in the social scene. Most people I know who go out would never go to san jose for the "club scene" because san jose clubs are terrible. San Fransisco is pretty sweet though.

I guess the main message for me is that Santa Clara provides a real community neighborhood feel which is really nice if you can find your niche, but if you can't you might hate it.

Also, People are DEFINATELY hyping the workload up way too much. If your an intelligent person its more than manigable.

questionHow often do students go up to San Fran to go clubbing?
Lol serious about the workload? I've read about 8 negative reviews so far and they all seem to say it sucks because the work is too easy and they're not getting anything out of. Mostly these are business majors though. I'm a psych major myself…how it SCU for Psychology?
Santa Clara University