StudentsReview :: The University of Puget Sound - Extra Detail about the Comment

Whitman College -- Walla Walla, WA

Faculty Accessibility
D
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Aug 21 2006
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I can honestly say that my visit to UPS's beautifully maintained campus got the best of me when I toured my senior year of high school. It seems as though the school puts most of its effort and money into maintaining the grounds, rather than to its current students. Much of the school's admininstration is everchanging and as a result most departments tend to be disorganized and frustrated. Many people had similar critiques and frustrations with the school and their departments. Had I known things would not have gotten better I would have transferred, as to save my emotions and money.

Tacoma is also another frustrating thing about UPS—there is little to do so if you plan to go to the school plan on having a car or taking the bus often. I probably ended up spending 2 out of every 3 weekends taking the bus up to Seattle (which was much further from campus than the school advertised) because there was so little for someone who doesn't like to drink every weekend to do. UPS is also much further from the outdoors (with the exception of the Sound itself) than I was told it so I wasn't able to go hiking, climing, or skiing unless I borrowed someone's car or found someone to go with.

I have to say there are better places I could have spent four years worth of so much money.

Compare UPSSave UPS