StudentsReview :: The University of Virginia - Extra Detail about the Comment
Search for Schools by Region

or within distance of city

Similar Schools
George Washington University -- District of Columbia, DC
Duke University -- Durham, NC
Harvard University -- Cambridge, MA

  Who's got the Best?

Perceptual Rankings:
You Make 'Em.
We Post 'Em.
You Vote 'Em Up.
You Vote 'Em Down.
Aww yeah.

The University of Virginia

How this student rated the school
Educational QualityA Faculty AccessibilityA+
Useful SchoolworkA Excess CompetitionB
Academic SuccessA+ Creativity/ InnovationA
Individual ValueB University Resource UseA-
Campus Aesthetics/ BeautyA+ FriendlinessA
Campus MaintenanceA+ Social LifeA
Surrounding CityA- Extra CurricularsA+
Describes the student body as:
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable, Closeminded

Describes the faculty as:
Friendly, Helpful

Quite Bright
Lowest Rating
Excess Competition
Highest Rating
Faculty Accessibility
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Sep 04 2006
Major: Language - French/Spanish/etc. (This Major's Salary over time)
At UVa, about 90% of the students are thrilled to be here, and the other 10% hate it. In all honesty, as long as you are prepared for a preppy social scene and some ridiculously hard undergraduate coursework, you'll probably love it. I think many students come out of high school thinking that UVA will just be an extension, but you'll probably learn more in your first semester here than you did in 4 years of high school. Socially, popped collars and birkenstocks would be the standard, but everyone can find their own clique if need be. Regardless, everyone here is smart, so you're bound to find a group that you enjoy.
questionSome people say that if you are not white,rich and cannot drink,it's not a place for you.Iis that true?
responseYou will find that regardless of your background and religious/ethnic traditions, there is always a clique or niche to fit into. However, I would say that excessive drinking is not a pastime of UVa students, it is practically expected. I find that many of my non-partying classmates do feel alienated from what they percieve to be the right social group, i.e. the rich kids…
Ask a Question or add a response!
The University of Virginia
The University of Virginia