StudentsReview :: Loyola Marymount University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Alumni Survey

Super Brilliant
Date: Nov 04 2006
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
If you are an O.C.-from-wealth kind of kid, attend this University for its social aspects and basic education…if you need to take out loans, or create a financial hardship for your family to attend: Do Not Do It. You will not fit in with the student body, and your education is not worth the price. This is a for-profit instituion with an emphasis on funneling finances from wealthy families. The Jesuit philosophy will not extend to you if you are in need, face financial or medical hardship, or are struggling with school and work. This is not a working-class-family school, and if you have any difficulty graduating due to hardship, they will not provide any courtesy to you, regardless of the Jesuit foundation. Their focus are their profits.

questionI am an out of state student. Not from a wealthy family at all.. but for some reason I had always been attracted to this school. After reading this I am really starting to reconsider because I could never really handle snobs. Would you recommend looking else where ?
questionDid u try their art therapy program? that looks interesting, especially cuz im also into psych. or…do u think that would be a bad reason to attend LMU? thanks
commentThis is completely the case. Thank you for wording it.
commentWhile the tuition is not, by any means, affordable, I disagree with the comment that you must be wealthy to enjoy an education at LMU. After 3 years here, I'm still having a blast and have had to work my ass off to fund tuition. Did I mention I'm an atheist? Still, I have found lasting and deep relationships with my peers that I will hang onto after graduation and received a strong education in my field of study. Granted, money helps. (When does it not?) Yes, you will certainly have stress removed by not working three jobs, but in my experience, the education and social environment at LMU is not determined by the depth of the student's (or his/her family's) pockets.
responseKugyg hlhlh hlhlhlh hlhlhlhlhlhlh lhlhlhl hlhlhlh lhlkjh wiki.jgljh hlhl hlhlhlh hlkjhk hjh jh lkj hlk jhl h jlh lkh j h.
Compare LMUSave LMU