StudentsReview :: Fielding Graduate University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Jefferson Davis Community College -- Brewton, AL

Fielding Graduate University

Alumni Survey

Date: Nov 13 2006
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
Admissions at Fielding assured me that I would be able to find a job in organizational development if I took its program as part of a career change.

It is my own responsibility to know that admissions at any school is a sales office. So, I bear part, if not all, of the blame for believing that a career change into OD was possible.

I now realize that networking is key to any career change, and an online program does not provide the kind of networking needed to accomplish a career shift. The school also doesn't provide any kind of career assistance—or, at least at that time, it did not.

It was very frustrating, too, to work on my thesis for two years, only to discover in the final semester that the topic wasn't to the liking of the instructor who would review it (All academic reviewers until that point had been satisfied). My efforts to pull something more presentable together in the final months led to a serious health crisis that has permanently damaged my health.

There are many excellent, even inspiring instructors at Fielding. Most of the school's short-comings are structural and cultural:—An admissions staff that promises what it cannot deliver—A failure to invest in the events and resources that afford students with an opportunity to gain employment—A thesis program that does not appoint an advisor until the last semester of class, and then forces the entire class into a one mold fits all approach

Compare FGUSave FGU