StudentsReview :: California State University - Sacramento - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Self Absorbed

Not so bright
Faculty Accessibility
A
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Dec 13 2006
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I am a Bay Area native. I had been to Sacramento before but didn't really care for the atmosphere but decided to give it another try. The academics here (in the Photography program so far) are good. That is one thing that i can say about Sac State is that there are a lot of resources available for you such as tutoring, to help you if you are having trouble. My professors have been helpful so far.

The reason why I give it a negative review is not because of the academics but because of the students and the city itself.

Like I said earlier I am from the bay area and Sacramento even though only about 2 hous away is extremely different. I was suprised about the closeminded and arrogant attitudes a lot of the students have. Most of the students are from Sacramento and have not been anywhere else. There is not much "diversity" as they claim to have. (Mostly white, Asian, and Mexican) and there is not much to do in the surrounding area. Sacramento lacks a culture.

I am a instate student so I will finish my GE's here than off to the South I go!!!

If you are from Sacramento don't go here. I recommend you go somewhere outside of northern Ca. experience something different.

Compare CSUS/CalState-SacramentoSave CSUS/CalState-Sacramento