StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix Phoenix Campus - Extra Detail about the Comment

Tulsa Community College -- Tulsa, OK

Friendly, Arrogant, Closeminded

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful

Faculty Accessibility
Safety
She cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Jan 26 2007
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I went to UoP online and had problem after problem.

With my first class, I earned an A but my grade was reported as a D. I called my advisor and she told me a review would take 6-8 weeks, I let her know that by that point I would have lost my tuition reimbursement at work and that I would call my professor. Upon calling him, he realized his mistake and contacted the school. They informed him that they were going to put it through the review process anyway, even though he was able to show where his records had gotten messed up. They eventually fixed it but it took a couple of months.

I had to work in teams in every class I took, generally you are put in teams of 5 or so and after the first 2 weeks, at least one person will drop the class so you are left with 4. On average, 2 of those people just didn’t care about the project or do anything to help with it so it was one other person and me completing 2,000 page papers in a week while still working on our individual assignments. If you care about your grades, be prepared to work your butt off every night and have to carry other people. As far as I can tell, everyone gets the same grade on the assignment regardless of the amount of effort they put into it.

By the way, the staff is incompetent. My advisor never calls or emails me back; I generally have to go above her head. I am in my last class right now and have emailed my professor 3 times in 2 weeks to have something fixed on my grade card for this class and haven’t gotten an answer.

Compare UPhoenix-PhoenixSave UPhoenix-Phoenix