StudentsReview :: Randolph College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1070
D-
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
She cares more about Creativity/ Innovation than the average student.
Date: Mar 14 2007
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I came to RMWC as a junior transfer in the adult program (known as Prime Time for students 24 and older) and I think generally this is a wonderful school. I agree with others in the fact that you have to work here to earn your success, it will not be handed to you. I feel I have been challenged in my classes, and you cannot slack off, but the fact that the teachers take the classes so seriously I find enjoyable. I consider the school writing-intensive, every subject I have taken here, from Political Science to Literature has been paper and writing-intensive. There is a close-knit community here and it is very diverse, you will meet women from every type of financial background and social background, and we have a large international student population. I would say that regarding social life, the college tries to provide the students with plenty of activities to do on campus, many clubs and they try to bring interesting guest speakers and authors to speak at the school, but don't count on the surrounding city of Lynchburg for much fun. It's not known for its night life but RMWC is close to many other colleges such as UVA. Some teachers here are friendly, some are a bit arrogant, just keep working hard in your classes, and you will get through. I also want to add that the campus is quite pretty and quite safe. And the college offers pretty good deals on financial aid and plenty of opportunity for scholarships. I have found the staff and advisors are available and accomodating if you need to talk to them. And there is a sizable amount of adult students here, about 1/8 of the campus is comprised of adult students. The college is about to go co-ed, and I hope it will continue to carry on a close-knit environment among its students and will continue our special traditions such as the Pumpkin Parade.
Compare RandolphSave Randolph