StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Approachable

Arrogant, Unhelpful

Excess Competition
D
He cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Apr 05 2007
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I feel that Walden University is way overrated. I had attended this university for the past two and one half years and I had learned basically nothing! In fact, this university has dismissed more students than any other online university after taking their money! Their psychology program does not compare to Capella's. In fact, your degree from their school is worth nothing! The state of Florida and many of the other states do not recognize their PhD program and you cannot be licensed unless you live in Minn. Mich, or some other backward state. My advise is to stay away from Walden and take your chances elsewhere where you have a better chance of graduating!

commentAny PhD program online will not be recognized for a license. Every state has it's credentialing process. Walden University makes sure you understand this from the start. If you expect a license right after college go to a traditional college of the state you want to be licensed in.
commentI am both a graduate of Walden and faculty for Walden. I have a bachelor's degree from a private college, and 2 master's degrees from private universities. I scored a 1380 on the old GRE just to add perspective. I needed Walden's ability to tailor my Ph.D. to the real-life work I was doing. A Ph.D. is only as valuable as the dissertation that course of study produces. I would put my dissertation up against any other dissertation I have read in my field. As for faculty arrogance, I have found that the whiner students are typically those who want someone else to do the work for them. I was told by my AD that not everyone who enrolls in a class needs to pass, in other words, do not be lenient. It is a good education, perhaps some, as yourself, are just not good students.

Savannah College of Art and Design (GA) 1:negative