StudentsReview :: Santa Clara University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant

Arrogant, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Super Brilliant
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Apr 16 2007
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I did my first two years at the community college and then transfered to Santa Clara University. I am very happy that i chose to attend first 2 years at community college b'cos teacher are better at community colleges than at university.

At university you are pretty much on your home. Faculty doesn't teach you much specially at Santa Clara university. I have only a bachelors degree but i swear i can teach better than the faculty at SCU. Only a handful instructors are knowledgeable and take efforts to give good lectures. Most of the instructors have very heavy accent. They read their lectures from their notes and can't speak anything beyond their written notes. Some instructors use chalk board to give notes for students instead of putting all the notes on power point slides and uploading it on internet. No use of technology. If you complaint about instructors no action is taken. I learned more at community college than at university. I spend $10300 every quarter for three years and learned nothing. Please don't join this university unless you have no other option. Business school really sucks …i am not just any other upset student …this is the reality …you can always compare it urself …and if u don't believe me then go ahead and waste your money big time.I am a 4.0 student …trust me it is not the university i will ever recommend. too expense and no value. i learned nothing

commentCan you speak correctly?
commentYour lack of English skills are going to give a bad impression in business. Remember that teachers are only guides. You are the one who makes you learn or not learn depending on how much you are willing to work.
responseYour posting shows very poor writing skills. You are stupid, very stupid. One thing that you did not learn at Santa Clara was writing skills, that's for sure. Just because you are a 4.0 student doesn't mean that it gives you the right of way to bash the entire university. You had a poor experience because you made it a poor experience. If the professor's did not develop a relationship with you ,it is because you are a selfish, arrogant student. Students like yourself need to stay in community colleges. If you didnt learn anything why did you stay as long as you did?

Please don't judge professor's by their accents. I already had a tough time understanding your postings. I can't even imagine what your papers looked like!!

responseThe fact that you have a very loose grasp of the english language made your entire review lose credibility. Considering that you need to know english to be able to perform at almost any american universty makes me think that you didn't actually attend SCU and you are only writing this because you are a bitter immigrant
commentConsidering your poor grasp of English, I'm surprised you were admitted to the college.

By the way, if you plan on working in business—especially in Silicon Valley or any other major city—you had better become accustomed to hearing English spoken with a thick accent.

While you may find the lack of PowerPoint usage distressing, let me assure you that people have been quite capable of learning without the use of such technology for centuries. If you are unable to learn new material without computerized graphics to assist you, I have to wonder about your intelligence.

If you are indeed a 4.0 student, I can only assume you paid someone else to do your writing. Having graduated from SCU myself a few years ago, let me tell you, had I turned in ANYTHING resembling what you posted here, I would have been sent packing.

Santa Clara University