StudentsReview :: Southern Arkansas University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Not so bright
Academic Success
Faculty Accessibility
A
She cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Apr 18 2007
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I am from Magnolia. I could see where one would like SAU. I did, at first. I had planned to attend a much larger university, but I visited SAU's preview day to get out of school one afternoon. The campus was pretty,the people were nice, and it LOOKED like there were a lot of things to do. WRONG. This is very much a back pack college. If you drive by on a Friday night the campus is virtually deserted. There are NO weekend parties. Now, I am not much of a party girl, but I did want to get somewhat of a real college experience. They have their "parties" smack in the middle of the week. Also, Magnolia is a dry county, and their parties are at a bar about 22 miles away.

Academically it wasn't the best experience. I was an English major, and the department was not the most helpful. They do not even offer a creative writing major. My suggestion: If you do not major in agri or business I would go somewhere else. This school is full of a bunch of red necks who probably weren't all that impressive in high school and if they were, then they graduated with a class of 10.

Compare SAUSave SAU