StudentsReview :: Middlebury College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Arrogant

SAT1450
B
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Apr 29 2007
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
Middlebury is an incredibly friendly community of students and faculty who share a common interest in learning and challenging each other. I thought the environmental studies major was exceptional and probably is the best in the country. And, my brothers went to Duke and Stanford and my parents felt I definitely got the best education because of the community of learning.

Since I transferred to Middlebury from Colgate, I can directly compare at least the two colleges. Middlebury students have a much higher sense of ethics due to the honor code, the academics are better and more engaging and there is much more to do socially as Middlebury brings in good culture options and the night life was more fun. Maybe not as hard core or fraternity centered, but more fun.

I would agree with other comments that the administration is trying to control the social life through the commons system and I do not like the commons system. However, that shouldn't be enough to keep someone from attending this great college.

Middlebury College