StudentsReview :: Radford University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Virginia Commonwealth University -- Richmond, VA
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University -- Blacksburg, VA

Alumni Survey

Date: May 07 2007
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I attended Radford when it was a college and this was from 1973-1977. I went to Radford because they accepted early admissions and I was only 16 yrs old then. I wasn't eligible to go to many other schools so I didn't shop around or transfer as I would lose too many credits. Radford had an excellent horseback riding program that I participated in for four years and immensely enjoyed my growth and development as a human being out at the "farm". I don't know if they have the same sort of opportunities for this type of development anymore. It was a party school then and, is still a "party" school today only it's much worse than when I went there. The town of Radford makes a business of ticketing students for underage drinking and Virginia is a "use it and lose it" and "take no prisoners" state. They have significantly cut down teen alcohol related highway deaths since the 2006 law was enacted.

I met my husband at Radford, we're still married and "in love" after 33 yrs so that counts for a lot. I had several professors (biology & psych) who made a real difference in the development of my critical thinking skills. Content is content and if you're bright you'll do as well as the pack. What will separate you from your peers after graduation is how well developed your critical thinking skills are and how well you perform in your chosen field. Consider how well the schools you're interested in will measure how well they teach these skills. Check out "rate my professor" to get a feel for the quality of teachers.

Higher education is a business and a product, you are the consumer. Make sure the school is what you want to buy as it's expensive and there are no warranties or refunds! Check out what others are saying about the college or university you're considering. If you know what you want to major in, then pay special attention to those comments. Reach out to someone who says it's okay to ask them more questions.

Compare RadfordSave Radford