StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix Phoenix Campus - Extra Detail about the Comment

Tulsa Community College -- Tulsa, OK

Closeminded

Friendly, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful

Safety
A
She cares more about University Resource Use than the average student.
Date: May 29 2007
Major: Criminal (This Major's Salary over time)
The classes I took were all online. My biggest issue with the University of Phoenix is that I submitted all my work, as I was told to do, and was receiving e-mails saying I never did. When asked to elaborate they would tell me to submit the work the way I already had and my counselor said that everything was showing up in the system! I canceled the classes because the whole thing just seemed like a scam. They billed me $3,000 dollars saying I owed them for a full semester when I canceled during the first week and had people calling me a month later asking how classes were! So I figured it was another detail lost between all the departments. Now I'm dealing with collection agencies because by the time I realized they weren't communicating with each other I called in and told the billing department that I canceled during the first week of classes. The bill was then changed to $580 and sent to a Collection Agency! I'm not denying the fact that it is reasonable to pay them something for the head ache they caused BUT I find it completely asinine to pay a University almost $600 for canceling classes a week in, when the reason it was canceled in the first place was because of them saying I wasn't doing the work (that counts as a majority of the grade). If anything it would be reasonable to pay a smaller percentage for not formerly canceling the classes. I told the collection agency I was willing to negotiate a more reasonable cost, they said they weren’t. She re-read the contract to me that stated I had 15 days to cancel without having any financial obligations toward the school. A few minutes later I realized I canceled within the first week of classes I called her back and asked her to verify that it is 15 days because I don’t owe anything under what I was just told, she turned around and said that she said 3 not 15. This school expects recognition then they should acting like a REAL institution not a scam!
Compare UPhoenix-PhoenixSave UPhoenix-Phoenix