StudentsReview :: Oakland University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Useful Schoolwork
D-
Safety
B+
He cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Jul 09 2007
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Ok, let's start with the good. The campus is in a nice location. Class sizes are fairly small, if you like that. Uhhh…… Hmmmmmm…… That's about it. Everything else about this place sucks! This school is not very student friendly at all. It is largely a commuter school, so if you just want to go to class and go home, you may find it ok. But if you want a real college experience I would recommend going somewhere else. I went here for 2 years after transferring from comm college and hated it. The professors were, for the most part, unhelpful, slightly arrogant, and generally a pain in the a$$. The students are also kind of uppity, I don't know if it's because it's in Rochester or what. I'm not the most outgoing person in the world, but trying to make friends or have any kind of a social life here seems to be very difficult. Academically, classes are harder than average, especially major courses (business for me). Also, what's up with the crazy course requirements? I have to take calculus to get a business degree? If you struggle with math like I do, don't even consider going here. I could write a whole book on how disappointed I was with OU, but let's just say I don't recommend it. If you commute then your choices are limited, but if you're living on campus it's worth the extra money to go to a real school like CMU (which I also attended) or MSU.
Compare OaklandSave Oakland