StudentsReview :: Seattle Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Closeminded

SAT1050
C
Creativity/ Innovation
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Jul 18 2007
Major: Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc (This Major's Salary over time)
SPU was okay. It was NOT worth the price tag for me personally so I transferred. If you are not a Christian (the school's religious affiliation) I would suggest looking elsewhere. The students were quite friendly and talkative until they found that I was not interested in hearing about the fact that god told them to come to that school. Considering many of the activities are religion-oriented I felt quite isolated and spent most of my time in my room. Also, there is not much diversity among the student body. However I highly applaud their art program. Bottom line- great academically, but socially not for everyone.

responseI believe you are the close-minded one. If a school states they are Christian, then practicing Christianity and expressing Christianity should be expected. So, why is this a surprise?

Secondly, if they say they're Christian, but the school is a hypocrite and has an atmosphere of a state school counter to their Christian theme, then, you were mislead. This is like going to Mass on Sunday and then getting angry that all the songs were religious in nature.

Please examine how ridiculous your commentary really is.

responseI'm sorry if you misunderstood my comment. I did expect Christianity to be a part of the school. However, I personally would like to see more activities that all students can enjoy. The point of this site is to share my experience at the school. There are reasons to go the the school other than because of my religious affiliation. I was only trying to give non-Christian students like myself a heads-up. I realize many students did enjoy their experience there and I am happy for them. I do not think that a school being socially-unfit for my personality makes me close-minded. So, yes I have examined my comment and I stand by it.
Compare SPUSave SPU