StudentsReview :: Harding University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA
Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Safety
A
He cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Aug 06 2007
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
Harding does not lend itself to being or even attempt to lend itself to being progressive and forward thinking. I love the Church, but the doctrine and agenda are completely denominational and just backwards. They do not host open discussion on Church views … I never thought I'd experience a Church use beliefs and Church to be mean … but congratulations these people pulled it off.

A university should encourage free thought and the formation of a view without manipulation or prejudice.

Also, please educate them that there are Democrats who are pro life and love the Lord and their Church. You really need to check your pulse if that's the best you can get out of life.

There are some good qualities of Harding … The illusion is that it brags to be an elite Private University and is so far away from the reputation of even other hard right Christian Universities around the country. I have an idea: jump on your hind legs and throw your wallets forward.

responseHonestly, I would thoroughly disagree with you on most of your points. Sure, there are a lot of people that are close-minded at Harding—there's a lot of Christians in general that are close-minded—but I've actually met some of the most open-minded and liberal Christians I've ever met at Harding, too. Surely you must agree that not everyone at Harding holds the same close-minded views. That’s a pretty big generalization.

As for the democrat thing… what on earth? While it's obvious that the majority of students and faculty are Republican, I've never heard anyone say anything about Democrats being horrible Christians that don't believe in pro life or saying they don't love the Lord! If you have met people who said those things, I apologize for them.

Of course, you’re entitled to your own opinions, but I’m entitled to disagree with them, and so, I do.

commentI appreciate that you disagree and its obvious from the misspellings and deleted items in your resoponse that you have difficulty handling an opposing view or critique.

You obviously were biased or blind toward many beliefs and stereotypes amongst your classmates.

responseUmm…ok. First of all, there weren't any misspellings in my comment, so that attack was rather silly—especially since you DID have misspellings ("resoponse" :). Also, I'm not even sure what you mean "and deleted items. I don't really know what I would delete in my comment, or how, even if I did misspell words or "delete items", it would imply that I have "difficulty handling an opposing view or critique", haha. That seems like faulty logic there :) There do seem to be some funny formatting errors though, which I'm not sure what caused those—perhaps the browser I used or something? Not sure. Hopefully it doesn't happen with this comment, too!

Anyway, there's nothing really I really have to say in response to your response, since you didn't provide any new points to oppose my view, or even defend against anything I said, really. Instead, you chose to try to make fun of me, which backfired on you because of your own misspelling and absence of logic, and your random accusations. The only comment you made that seemed relevant to anything was that I might just be blind to beliefs that some of my classmates have, i.e., that people think Democrats are evil and everyone is close-minded. However, the very fact that I am not that way, and no one I know of feels in those ways, is proof in itself that not everyone at Harding believes those things, which was my point in the first place. Every group of Christians has people that are shallow or close-minded. I would agree to that. However, my point was that Harding as a whole is not that way, and that you should try to see it's good points.

Where have you been? all i hear is how bad democrats are. I believe one time Jimmy Allen even screamed from the chapel pulpit that left wing liberals would go to hell. how nice.
People as a whole are close minded here. they pay for only the most conservative speakers , such as when they brought in Sean Hannity to say all Democrats suck. That was basically is whole speech. Same thing with Laura Ingram, and probably will be the same as with W. Bush. people are very close minded here.
responseThis review was written while being stalked and un medicated. Any school will give you surprises and differences with garaduating classmates, The Upper classmen and faculty derserve the recommendations and great compliments I offered them. Tribble, Kernoodle, Citty , Fouts and Blickenstaff are super. Enjoy it because there is great Greek Fraternity and Sorority life at Harding.
responseOver the years the school improved with the student it was looking to admit and a student wouldn't be penalized without causign physical penalty or problem on someone else. I have watched my family give some of these folks plenty of $$$$$$ while my classroom and ACT s were always comeptitive. I like Harding, I'm not drying up from the thrity one flavors or promoted American Studies speaker club. Impressed that you graduated a college or University, All schools have great remedial courses for the non traditional student. When Mr. Burks and Pryor didn't have to look over their shoulders at alumnae and slanted ass writers, we fulfilled our mission didn't we?? Freddom of speech to suggest and recruit, baby!
responseI want to thank you for your response. This was an attempt to share some areas campus life can improve . I was felonized on campus, please spare me about "formatting errors. "
responseMy standardized scores on verbal testing pretty much put a foot up your " formatting errors, not that way, holier then thou" ass. I love Harding. The rules would cause anyone to become alcohol driven and look at other options. Here's a suggestion, call Langdon, Smith and all the usuals. I'll just go on with my " blind, biased view" since you are all knowing and to struck in the ear to hear how this could have been a better experience for me and future students. :)
responseThe speaker was Sean Hannity is a relative of alumane from the University. His views wouldn't and wont agree with the views of all Arkansans, faculkty members. I like HAines and Hannity,Your never overquali8fied to use an entry level job at most companies , news stations and hospitals. Much to like about Laura Ingraham as well. :)
commentYes, I felt like editing my review, wasn't even harassed or beaten up for my post and blog.
The faculty and support from those that attended a University and support continuing education, WHEN i WAS A STUDENT, were super. My home life as a single parent student grew incredibly better as a result of Harding University students, teachers and supporters. Yes, I benefitted from graduating and attending Harding University.
Harding University