StudentsReview :: Columbia Southern University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsC
SafetyA+
Friendly

ACT:30
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #001397; line-height:80px';float:left;
Faculty Accessibility
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Aug 07 2007
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
The important thing is to know what you are getting.

After taking 9 courses at Columbia Southern University I can say that it's very easy to pass the curriculum here. The routine includes open book quizzes, 200-300 word essay exams and on some courses a final project, final proctored exam, or final research report with sources cited. This can all be accomplished within 3 weeks. In my case I passed all nine courses in as many months and received an A or between 93-99% on 8 courses. On the one course I received a C, 77%, I started and finished the whole course within 2 days of the closing date.

I'm sure the disadvantage of such easy course work is clear to many. The courses are just not rigorous enough, and I'm sure some employers will dismiss this university.

Still Columbia Southern University is not a diploma mill I DO recommend this University to those employees already

doing the work and not getting the pay
to further their careers. Those just needing a basic accredited degree, any legitimate degree, to get the next promotion such as Fire, Police, ect. The universities' website does seem to gear itself to applicants working in those fields. Military personal also if your looking to get into state/police/fire ect careers especially considering CSU is acceptable for the DANTES Tuition Assistance.

I DO NOT recommend this university to anyone needing a rigorous education. There are other online options out there from mainstream state or private universities that can provide better. At many you may pay more but the important thing is that you'll be getting much more.

responseCSU Does not allow students to finish their courses in less than 3 weeks. The majority of students finish in 8-10 weeks. The person who posted this information previously is posting inaccurate information about the institution.
commentAs a student of CSU I can assure you that the course materials are challenging. I too have finished 8 classes but it has taken me on average 8-10 weeks to complete each course. I too have received straight A's and one B but definately not withouth putting in the study and reading time required to do the job right. So if this person thinks the education is so poor why is he still attending. Maybe he needs "just any legitimate degree" to move on in his life. I would also fathom a guess that this person does NOT work a FT job, nor does he have a spouse or kids to contend with on a daily basis like many of us do. If most of us could do nothing but school 24/7 we could have finished our classes in a month or so as well.
I attended CSU and just completed my Associates of Applied Science degree with a major in Occupational Safety and Health. I have also attended a private Catholic college, as well as a community college. I can tell you that CSU is just as difficult as the other two institutions. You can't finish the course load in three weeks. They don't even post your assignments that far in advance!
I agree it is not possible to complete a degree course in 3 weeks. I received an MBA from CSU and it required a lot of work and time.
commentYeah!
commentHow in the world could this person accomplished an impossible task of completing the course work in only 3 weeks? I just got my MBA from CSU & I can assure anyone that it took me 8 weeks for each course. The assignments are posted so you can complete them one week before the due date. I learned a lot from doing my assignments—this is not a diploma mill school.
responseI disagree with this "student", I am enrolled in Columbia Southern now and I assure you that nothing is simple in these courses. I also do not see how the courses can be completed in 3 weeks since the classes run 8 weeks and the professors only post 2-3 weeks at any given time. I feel that the person who posted this either failed or has some grudge against the college. The professors are great and have impressive backgrounds in education.
commentI am attending CSU now, and it gets rough. It's even harder than the traditional face to face learning environment. Just as with any goal, you have to be dedicated in completing the courses. It is not a walk through the park. It gets hard. The instructors are so far very nice and understanding. Love CSU
commentRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
commentWow! Okay! So, I am also a student and can I just say, the majority of the commenters validate the OP! First of all, there are 2 ways a class can be taken. Through term or through lifepace. This person did not say which he used. Also, he did NOT say he completed his classes in 3 weeks, he said he completed 9 classes in 9 months,finishing the class 2 days before the last unit of the term ended. That is video since I am taking my final on Saturday morning, 4 days before the end of the term. If this person was on vacation and was taking classes through lifepace, honestly, I can see being able to complete everything in a couple of weeks. I know I do 2 units the first week that class opens, and am usually done by Friday, so personally, if I were on lifepace, I certainly could complete a course in 3 weeks.
Compare CSUSave CSU