StudentsReview :: Goddard College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Super Brilliant
Extra Curriculars
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Date: Aug 22 2007
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
Mainly I am writing to counter the one bad, and inaccurate review of Goddard. I graduate in 3 days, and I cannot imagine a better place to have gone to school.

Goddard no longer offers a residency option, and as such, no one lives on campus. Their progressive model of education is now an off site process, similar to an independent study in a typical college program with the main exception being you correspond with your adviser, not met in person with them (unless you happen to live near them, which did happen for me one semester, and it was a real treat). Now imagine if all of your school credits were administered this way, and you never studied anything you weren't interested in.

The reason this is possible is because Goddard is plainly disinterested in providing a typical education model, what they call the

filling station approach
at Goddard. Instead, the school supports and requires a process of self realization and inner knowledge brought on by the commitment to provide each student with the opportunity to discover themself and their life's work.

I was on track to attend a prestigious art program at R.I.T. when personal changes in my life led me to Goddard, and I have never looked back.

Goddard College was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

It does however require an ability to manage time, and be a self starting learner.

Call them up, I can guarantee you you will not find a more accessible, personal approach to administration, the educational process, and holistic development anywhere out there.

Give them a call, what can it hurt? And to your surprise, the program director will likely call you back soon, and be earnestly interested in what you could offer their school, and how they can reciprocate.

I have not tried to transfer my credits, so I cannot speak for that, but I can tell you that after one semester at Goddard there was no way I would even consider transferring to another school.

And as for no grades, that is becoming more and more common, and it didn't keep my sister from getting into a prestigious program at NYU either (she went to UCSC where they have a similar approach to their grades - a narrative transcript).

University of New Hampshire (NH) 1:negative