StudentsReview :: The Art Institute of Seattle - Extra Detail about the Comment

Washington College -- Chestertown, MD

The Art Institute of Seattle

Alumni Survey

Date: Aug 31 2007
Major: Interior Design (This Major's Salary over time)
I went to the Art Institute seeking to find a way to fast track myself into a career without having to waste time fulfilling electives at a 4-year university. BIG MISTAKE.

AIS will give you an Associate of Applied Arts degree in Interior Design. It's totally useless. Every quarter, 25 more people enter the workforce with the exact same degree you have. The result? Minimum wage job offers you could have gotten with no degree at all. AIS does not have a prestigous reputation with local employers,in addition, everyone I interviewed with wanted me to have a bachelors degree. Where can I go for my last year of study to get a BA? Florida. It's the only AI campus with a BA program. I had some wonderful teachers, whose work I admire and respect. I also had a fair share of lousy ones. I took an autocad class at Robert McNeal & Associates, (They sell the software), for $500. Based upon that class and my ability to draw, I got a job at an aircraft part manufacturer and eventually moved to a job at Boeing. AIS had nothing to do with it. But I'm still making payments on my loans……. I should have gone to the UW Bothell.

Compare AIS/AIO-SeattleSave AIS/AIO-Seattle