StudentsReview :: Gonzaga University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable, Snooty

Creativity/ Innovation
C
A
She cares more about Creativity/ Innovation than the average student.
Date: Sep 06 2007
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I am an English major, and I love my department. I have had nothing but intelligent, witty, helpful, and understanding profs. I would say all us English majors love our department and our professors; the students and professors are close-knit. Gonzaga is rather ironic, as it is a Catholic university yet many of the professors and students are extremely liberal. In the political science department, in particular, if you are not extremely liberal is it held against you. I consider myself politically moderate, and while my engagements with the students are stimulating some profs don't give my views the time of day. I switched my minor from political science to sociology for this reason, and have really enjoyed my soc profs classes. I am crazy about our basketball team, and that is a huge part of Gonzaga life. If you aren't really into that it's not held against you, but the majority of students are as crazy about it as I am and yes we do wait in line for hours. But it's fun! It's part of the spirit of our student section and our support for our team. We have one of the best known student sections, the Kennel Club, and the longest at home winning streak in the nation. Our players love us as much as we love them. Finally, I am a non-traditional student in the sense that I have a son and am a single mom. I am 22, so I get along well with my peers, but the university itself offers no support for non-traditional students. Gonzaga is waaay behind the times in that aspect. Almost all of my professors are extremely understanding and they have worked with me and made my success possible. I did have one professor who held my situation against me though, since I was not the normal student who could drop by and talk politics every day. Overall, I love GU. I've ran across a few "well-off" students who are a little arrogant, but for the most part people are great. I love the English department and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an English degree. I think the education is great, there are no TAs, only professors with PhDs. If you are a liberal arts major, looking for stimulating conversation with your peers and professors, and also want a great college team and the life that goes with that, then Gonzaga is for you.
Compare GonzagaSave Gonzaga