StudentsReview :: Wayne State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Broken Spirit, Violent, Closeminded

Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Social Life
C+
She cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Sep 11 2007
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
I have a BA in English from another college. I am attending Wayne State University to get a teaching certificate in a one year program. I have been here two and a half years, because the university required another year of English classes (on top of my BA) so that they could make more money. This term was supposed to be my last, but I am one of 50 Education students who has not recieved the student teaching assignment promised this term in order to graduate. It is nearly the end of September! Every class I have taken has been taught at an 8th grade level by a TA. The saddest part is, that is the level most of the students are at. The parking costs are atrocious. I just had to pay 10.00 for parking this evening because the lot was full. I also have to carry pepper spray just to walk to my car in the evening. I find the staff (excluding professors and teachers) incredibly unprofessional, as they often yell at students, and even curse. All in all, it has been one headache after another and I truly wish I had never chosen Wayne State University. I certainly would never recommend it.
Compare WSUSave WSU