StudentsReview :: San Francisco Art Institute - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Super Brilliant
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
B+
She cares more about Creativity/ Innovation than the average student.
Date: Sep 30 2007
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I attended the school for a year, because I heard about how "prestigious" it was. I got there and found the exact opposite to be true. They are an utter mess! They have no money and use every mechnism possible to try to extract more cash from the students. They send you running in circles over the most basic questions- no one gives a straight answer. The teachers are extremely lazy and unprofessional. It seems that many of them develop unhealthy sexual feelings toward the students. They have no money and are very lacking in art equipment. The list of the negative aspects of the school could fill a novel. Oh, they bounced my refund check. There is a tendency of students killing themselves or attempting suicide on campus. If you question the validity of the art theory they are trying to promote, the faculty will try to destroy you.

questionCan anyone confirm if this is true?
responseI COMPLETELY AGREE! I have been a student there for almost ttwo years, and I was weary since the first few weeks. I didnt want to be a chump and just give up after a few weeks- but it was VERY obvious to me that they were pulling the wool over the eyes of their students. They havea all of these international students, which is wonderful BUT a huge percentage of them are ignored in the classroom, and when they do speak out its obvious that its semi-not so understood by tehir classmates, and the teacher doesnt even stop and say'Wait, lets try and translate this for them etc..". I even have a deaf woman in one of my classes, and she is just appalled by this school. It is unorganized, a huge rip off, there are many 2 or 3 faculty members that make it work, and the rest are uneducated and have nothing of any real substance to say or reveal. This place has made the last year of my life completly thrown into under-drive- whereas i have never been so set back in my studies. So I have left this place, and want to let everyone know that its a big big SCAM. And I am doing so much better now that I am not there. I feel bad for all the other students, like the BFA kids, who have no other college to grab examples of. SFAI is robbery.
responseRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual