StudentsReview :: The University of Mississippi - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

The University of Mississippi

Alumni Survey

Average
Date: Nov 10 2007
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I graduated with the intention of going to law school. I was accepted to two (including Ole Miss). I went to the other choice in Texas and dropped out by the middle of the second semester. I struggled to find a "real job" that did not involve burgers and fries for quite awhile. Unfortunately, a liberal arts degree in Political Science does not open many doors except for going on to grad school. If I had to do over, I would of majored in a more practical degree such as accounting or hospital/public administration. The profession I stumbled into did not require a college degree.

I look back at my transcripts and realize how foolish I was to squander my parents money on weak classes that I took to fit my social schedule. My advisor at the time was a nice man, but he did not try to wake me up to the fact I would need to get a job someday and I better prepare now.

It has been 21 years since I've been at the Grove. The only good thing I can say I took with me from Ole Miss was my wife.

questionSir, I have every intention of going to law school hopefully, but no on knows what might happen in the coming years. My mind was set on studying political science and/or international relations, because I thought that if I ended up changing my mind, I would be able to get a job in politics and the likes(most probably in DC). Do you not recommend this? Is it just because of Ole Miss or would have your situation been better if you went to any other university?
Compare OLEMISS/UMissSave OLEMISS/UMiss