StudentsReview :: The Academy of Art University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Art Center College of Design -- Pasadena, CA

ACT:24
D
Creativity/ Innovation
B
He cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Nov 14 2007
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm an online student here, getting a photography degree. I'm part way done through my second semester, and what I've found is that this is purely an art school. If you want to go to school to create fine art, then this place is probably good. If you want to get a job doing photography, run your own studio or whatever, then you're better off going to school for business somewhere else.

First off, the classes are very mundane, and the instructors online don't take time to get to know you or anything. The classwork is mostly about how to design compelling photographs, but theres nothing about the business side of the industry. I've spent the past year relearning everything I learned in a high school photography class, while learning a lot more than the school has taught me through random photography websites. My advisor is nice enough, but doesn't seem to actually know anything but the degree requirements.

All in all, I will not be returning to take more classes next semester.

questionHi so which school do you suggest for a better course in photography? Iam a foreign student. pls. write to _email_removed_
commentHow can you expect to know what the whole program has to offer after one semester? I took this program, online, and the business side was covered in GREAT detail. I feel you are expecting this to be spoon fed to you and that is not how college works. I feel that you are the type of person that will find something wrong with every school because your failures in life are never your fault. Good luck in the future! The world needs ditch diggers
The Academy of Art University