StudentsReview :: Wayne State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Afraid

Social Life
Faculty Accessibility
B
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Nov 19 2007
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
I have to lean toward an overall negative characterization, but not because there aren't some great faculty and students here. The problem is, that whenever I register for classes, I never know WHAT I'm getting: The instructors range from intelligent and conscientious to apathetic and, in some cases, out of touch. Likewise, I can't say much for my fellow students. Each class has one or two engaged students, with the rest ranging from too busy with other things to simply putting in the time, in deference to the fact that college is the new high school.Furthermore, the administrative system seems quite disorganized, with schedule problems and computer glitches not at all anomalous.

It is possible to get a real education here, but it does not seem to be a priority for either staff or students; you'll be swimming against a strong tide, and if you can just as easily go elsewhere, I'd advise you do so. If not, it will serve your basic needs, so I guess it's not THAT bad. It's like the city itself: if you're stuck here awhile, make the best of it. Seriously.

Compare WSUSave WSU