StudentsReview :: Washington State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Faculty Accessibility
D
Safety
A
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Dec 04 2007
Major: Electrical Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
It's been a long time since I graduated but I remain very involved with WSU through senior design projects our company sponsors and also on-campus recruiting. The engineering education is well balanced and provides good acedemic and real-world opportunities. WAY too many TA's that speak little or no English who highly frustrated me and gave me the sense I was just in the way of their much more importanr research (mostly in the freshman/sophmore classes). Junior/senior level EE classes were in general very good.

Pullman is not for everyone. Small town with a cultural barometer that is stuck in the 1950s. I like to fish so there was plenty of lakes and rivers nearby that kept me entertained but a lot of my friends found the city more painful than a root canal. Drinking and partying opportunities are abundant and I found them fun in moderate doses. Younger students sometimes get sucked into the party lifestyle and end up crashing hard and flunking out. I recommend a couple of years at a community college before sending your 18 year old to Pullman.

Compare WSUSave WSU