StudentsReview :: The Dominican University of California - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

SafetyB
Approachable

Friendly

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Dec 19 2007
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I am the type of student who gets mostly A's in honors and AP classes. I was very suprised by my experience at Dominican. I was not really challenged in my coursework and most other students didn't seem to care about class…beyond getting the work done. There aren't really any activities to participate in that foster intelectual growth or conversation. The school is not at all like what the university would have perspective students believe; the work isnt difficult, the student life is horrible. I am leaving half way into my freshman year and haven't a clue what I am going to do. Don't even try this. I had a tough year during my senior year in high school, that's the only reason I ended up here, because I did not get to apply to a lot of places that I could have gone to. There are a lot of people who want to go to Stanford or the UC system and didn't get in who end up getting stuck at Dominican, it's like they suck you in, don't even consider getting sucked in!
commentI hope you get into a better school and at least it sounds like you're getting out while you can!
Compare DUCSave DUC