StudentsReview :: Grand Valley State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

Surrounding CityA- Extra CurricularsA
SafetyA
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable

ACT:28
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Social Life
B-
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jan 17 2008
Major: Public Policy (This Major's Salary over time)
I am a junior at GVSU majoring in Public and Nonproft administration. After viewing many other schools and just stepping foot on this campus I knew this was the place for me. While located in the middle of cornfields in Allendale it's also adjacent to Michigan's second largest city, Grand Rapids with an abundance of nightlife, dining options and much more. I love my school like you couldn't believe. The great things are that people are actually quite friendly for this being such a conservative area. The professors almost ALL have at least a PhD and no classes are taught by TAs. There is always a campus activity going on during the afternoon or early evening. We have quite the engaged student body with nearly everyone having at least participated in one our 200+ student organizations. Now the not so good. Some people at our school come from close minded hick towns and join one of the multiple Christian organizations which really seem to be intolerant. The dining at Fresh Food Co. is some of the best in the state but on North Campus where freshmen live the options are somewhat limited. Another thing is for this university being so competitive in the admissions process some departments are not quite up to par with its level of difficulty.

Before deciding to attend GVSU you should ask yourself is a mid sized college a good fit for me? VISIT and you will fall in love with the beauty of the main campus in Allendale or even our downtown campus in Grand Rapids. Talk to the students, ask them their opinions when you come to campus … they're honest and you'll hear the truth if you don't believe me!

Grand Valley State University