StudentsReview :: Troy University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Arrogant, Condescending, Self Absorbed

Average
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
A
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Feb 12 2008
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
I attended the Troy campus in Troy for one year and I must say it was an overall nice experience. Feeling that I wasn't quite yet ready for college, I joined the Air Force. It was logical for me to keep on with Troy in the distance learning program. At first it was pretty easy…the academics weren't too hard and the advisors kept me on track. Then a was transferred to San Antonio and it became a nightmare. The advisor in San Antonio told me to immediately get a SOC contract because he had no classes to offer because texas had not given them persmission to teach in the state yet. He got me directed to Park and Wayland Baptist to take courses and transfer them back. Without him to walk me through the process, I would have basically had to start over. The Montgomery people tried to screw me over, but Dr. Phelps knew exactly what he was talking about and I was able to finish. The problem was that Troy was not recognized as an accredited college by the state of Texas. Dr. Phelps said it was some problem that evolved from years back and he was pretty sure they would be up and running sometime in '08. But it was very discouraging to move and then find out your school wasn't accredited in the state where you moved. Until Dr. Phelps quickly put all the pieces in place, I was a wreck. Thank you Dr. Phelps and good luck if Texas ever gives Troy permission to teach in Texas.
Compare TroySave Troy