StudentsReview :: Northern Arizona University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Helpful, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Social Life
Extra Curriculars
B
She cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Feb 13 2008
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
Come to this campus if money is not an issue for you. The administration has gone completely bonkers in terms of what they value spending money on; OUR money by the way. They have raised tuition once already this past year, and plan on raising it another 15% the beginning of fall 2008. What have they been spending student dollars on? New business building, science building, and some crappy excuse for a parking garage. What about the old buildings that are asbestos filled and all around unsightly and outdated? Just leave them be I guess, because as far as I know, there's no plans in the works to fix those. They will soon be spending 85 million dollars to make our athletic facilities state of the art. WHY, the fan base at this university is laughable. Plan on getting parking tickets every other day(if you can even find a place to park)unless you buy all four different passes, which will cost you over 600 dollars. Aside from the money aspect(which is everything), be prepared to speak to several different advisor's because every one of them will tell you something different about what credits you need. NAU used to be known for it's small, friendly, and helpful campus. I'm afraid those days are over. They will drain every last penny from you, and you will NOT get out in four years, as they pick and choose which classes they want to offer(the ones needed for your graduation requirements). If you need to get out of your housing contracts, don't plan on it unless you're getting married or not attending here anymore, because that's the only excuse you have. My roommate's father just god diagnosed with cancer and she went back home to the east coast to help out with costs. She tried to break her contract and they denied her. Her family is dishing out money for her room here(450/mo.) for an entire semester, and she's in Pennsylvania! This campus has NO compassion for the students, it's a business here now. Don't come here and let yourselves be another dollar sign.
questionHi, my name is Anh and I'm a graduate High school student from Phoenix planning to attend an Arizona university in the Fall of 2010. My two choices are between ASU and NAU. I read your comment on NAU and I was just wondering how the environment and social atmosphere was like for you at NAU? If I head up to NAU, I would have to live in a dorm. Also, was the financial aspect of attending NAU demanding? For me, I have scholarships as well as grants to cover the majority of my expense at both universities. If you wouldn't mind taking the time to share some more of your experience at NAU it would greatly help me out on my decision and I'd love to hear your advice. Thanks in advance.
Compare NAUSave NAU