StudentsReview :: Troy University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Western Kentucky University -- Bowling Green, KY

Troy University

Survey is Blank

Average
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Feb 14 2008
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
This is about the distance learning program and how it was shut down by the state of Texas for being unaccredited. I was taking classes at Troy-Montgomery and transferred to Randolph AFB in San Antonio. I was supposed to complete my degree there. However when I got to San Antonio I found out that Troy wasn't allowed to teach in Texas because the state wouldn't give them accredidation. When I visited the site in San Antonio, the advisor there told me that they were shutting down the site and they were no longer be operating in Texas. Later he told me that they would probably open sometime in '08 under some type of probation. He was very nice about it and there was nothing he could do, except make sure I had a SOC from montgomery which they didn't want to do. So he told me to contact the education center and they would handle it. I told the Ed center and had my SOC the next day. Obviously Troy-Montgomery tries to screw over students for no apparent reason. The site director at San Antonio got me hooked up with a couple of local schools to finish my course work and get my diploma from Troy. He also pointed out to me that I may be able to get a degree from both schools depending on how much Park Univ or Incarnate Word would accept towards their degree. So I had Incarnate Word do me a degree plan and I will now be able to get both a Troy degree and an Incarnate Word degree. I think it was really low life that Troy was shut down in Texas, no matter who's fault it was. Dr. Phelps at the San Antonio site got me on the right track before they shut down. If he had not been there, I might have been doing god knows what trying to get my degree.
Compare TroySave Troy