StudentsReview :: Troy State University - Montgomery - Extra Detail about the Comment

Rice University -- Houston, TX

Condescending, Self Absorbed

Faculty Accessibility
D-
C
She cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Feb 18 2008
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
They do not care for you as a person. They just want your money and hope you keep your mouth shut. When my husband was transferred to Texas they said I would be able to finish my degree with their site in San Antonio. When we got to Texas, we found out that Troy was not certified to teach in Texas. There was a Troy site in San Antonio, but the site director said they were going to be closing in about a month and that they had never been teaching in Texas except for online stuff. He told me to get a SOC contract from Troy-Montgomery and he would advise me on what schools I could use in the San Antonio area. When I asked for the Montgomery people for a SOC contract, they said I was not eligible because I was a dependant and not in the military. Dr. Phelps at the San Antonio site said that is not the truth and directed me to the SOC website where it was very clear that dependants are eligible for the contracts. When I told Troy-Montgomery about the website, they said that it must be an error because they had never given a SOC contract to a dependant. Dr. Phelps told me to contact the education office at Maxwell AFB and they would take care of it for me. Only two days after I called Maxwell, the Troy people sent me my SOC contract. They lied to me and then tried to cover it up. Without the help of the San Antonio site, I would have been severely screwed over by Montgomery. I was told that this was typical of the Montgomery campus and that they were always either lying to students, or they didn't know the rules.
Troy State University - Montgomery