StudentsReview :: Champlain College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SAT1400
Super Brilliant
Extra Curriculars
C
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Feb 20 2008
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
Like most things in life College is what you make of it. I was accepted at many named schools including large universities that offered academic scholarships. My initial reason for attending Champlain was the upside down curriculum and proximity to ski slopes.

I started my first business in the ninth grade and after years of competitive business I needed a school that would allow me to take business courses from day one, as I matured I was able to blend in the required liberal art courses and still keep my business focus. My internship abroad (completely arranged by CC) was off the hook, providing detailed exposure in every aspect of business.

My first dorm room was the former living room of a large Victorian mansion which I shared with one roommate.

We hung our bikes from the ceiling and had our grill on the deck outside our window. The campus has so many new buildings and the older ones have all been upgraded to meet current safety standards. Burlington is fantastic with great biking, hiking, climbing, skiing, sailing, fishing, swimming, kayaking, clubs, parties, restaurants and shops. If you want to sit in your room, your not taking advantage of your surroundings. If you find the work too easy, your sliding not working, this is college the spoon feeding is over, it is up to you to dig into the work and become proficient in your major, you should spend 2-3 hours working outside the classroom for every hour in class. You can also take courses at St. Michaels College which has an exchange program with Champlain. UVM also accepts most if not all Champlain courses. The best thing you can do as a perspective student is visit, speak to the professors in your desired major and make your own call. If attend and don't like it, transfer after your freshman year, with a 25% dropout rate at most schools you will have a great chance of attending your first choice school, your only risk is you may fall in love with Champlain and Burlington.

Compare ChamplainSave Champlain