StudentsReview :: California State University - Long Beach - Extra Detail about the Comment

San Diego State University -- San Diego, CA

Campus MaintenanceB Social LifeF
Surrounding CityA- Extra CurricularsF
SafetyC-

A-
She cares more about University Resource Use than the average student.
Date: Mar 02 2008
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I am at Cal State Long Beach for my 2nd bachelor's degree in Env. Science. I have already been to one 4-year state run school (University of Oregon) and I know how fantastic they can be. This school is awful. My biggest complaint is the lack of class availability. If I had known what I know now, I never, ever, would have chosen CSULB. They do not offer most classes every term, they don't even offer 50% of the classes every term. If you are lucky the class you need will be offered once a year but many classes are only offered every other year and only during one term that year, so if you miss it you will have to wait another full year (two terms) before it is offered again. This especially happens in the upper division classes, when you are trying to graduate. And don't count on summer classes to try to help you graduate in a decent amount of time, they mainly offer 100 level classes or 500 level thesis classes during the summer and not very much between those two extremes.

I would not recommend this school to anyone who plans on being done with their education in a normal amount of time (4-5 years). Coming here will add a minimum of another year onto that timeline, and that is for non-impacted majors like mine, I can't even imagine what hell it must be trying to get classes in the impacted majors!

responseTranfer student class availability
commentI agree with you on this issue. I was an English major with the same problem with my required classes not being offered and being offered at times I am busy. This school does not seem to understand the needs of the people.
Compare CSULB/CalState-Long BeachSave CSULB/CalState-Long Beach