StudentsReview :: Brevard College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Snooty

Friendly, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

ACT:30
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1400
Social Life
Safety
He cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Mar 06 2008
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
No one has given Brevard a critical review, so I figured it was my duty to stand up and quit nodding my head with everyone else for "feeding the world." Noble cause? Maybe, but as soon as my instructor told me next week we would be studying how we can feed the world. It is this idealistic bullshit that made me want to leave the college. I can't believe these student forum classes they have that only count to your graduation at Brevard, so I realized that I was doing all this work for nada. They aren't easy classes, with all the busy work.

If you are an older student, say 24 or above you will have a hard time relating to the campus and student body. Most of the kids are right out of high school, which is fine because that is when you are supposed to go to college. But if you, like me, are getting a late start then you will most likely become frustrated with the students. Young stoner white males prevail, not a good balance of the sexes. In general I have felt sort of isolated living off campus and being 25 years old, which I have heard from other older students.

I realized today that my biology teacher in high school was better than this guy teaching at brevard. He is notorious for flunking A LOT of people, but not for legitamate reasons, just to make the class "hard". This means that he will bullshit the whole class and then ask some way out questions on the test. My chem teacher last semester (the only teacher on campus who teaches general chem) was HORRIBLY inadequate and the faculty literally just shurgs their shoulders and shouts "TENURE!". Give me a break.

If you have read this far then you are probably experiencing some skepticism about the college. Don't get me wrong, if you are a young college sudent then this might be OK for you. If you have attended other universities or are not majoring in "Wilderness Leadership" then i would suggest UNC asheville or somewhere where you can find more variety in every aspect of college life. The town basically sucks, it is dead by 9PM (there is not even a coffee shop open past 9). Nothing is 24/7 here, not even til 11 save taco bell WOOHOO. Tell me how this is going to help a college student. I had to take up mountain biking to stay sane. The only saving grace of this place is the forest, full of singletrack for your mountain biking pleasure. Climbing is also good. These are great things, but serve as a mere distraction from the fact of the matter. Thanks for reading my rant

University of Guelph (Canada) 1:neutral