StudentsReview :: Virginia State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC

Virginia State University

Alumni Survey

Date: Mar 09 2008
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I think that you should always visit/ research the institution before you attend during school hours to see how the students and faculty "flow" on campus. Also, write down a list what's important you and compare it to the university. I wanted to attend the school for only 1 year and transfer to a more diverse university but ended up staying for social reasons. :( If you are a minority, I think you should attend a HBCU and then transfer to a school such as Virginia Tech, ODU, etc (a major university) because the employment opportunities after you receive your degree are far greater. It took me over a year to get a position I really didn't want as opposed to my brother/sister who both had jobs before they even graduated because they attended diverse institutions with good career clinics and academics!!!!! Now, I'm not saying anything is wrong with State or HBCU's, just that the career dept.'s should really help grads in their post grad process. So just do your research!
questionDid your family members major in Political Science? And did they have great references and a high GPA?
Compare VSUSave VSU