StudentsReview :: California State University Monterey Bay - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Surrounding CityC+ Extra CurricularsB-
SafetyB-
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:26
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1700
Average
C-
Faculty Accessibility
A
He cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Mar 27 2008
Major: Undecided (This Major's Salary over time)
I'm a freshmen at CSUMB and I started in Fall 2007. As far as admissions are concerned, almost anyone is a shoo-in. I applied very late for the fall semester and still was accepted. Class sizes are generally very small, and a lot of work is very group oriented. I wasn't expecting this from college at all, and for some it's a good thing, for others a bad thing. This is an excellent college for people who want to study environmental science or marine-related sciences. So far in my experience, the teachers are very down-to-earth, accessible, and helpful. There does tend to be some people who came to the college just because it's near the ocean, but it's not too bad. And the ocean is very close and awesome! The campus is a little disconnected from the nearby towns, so I recommend you have a car, or learn to use the buses. Another thing.. there are lot's of abandoned army buildings and barracks with blown out windows and stuff. I think it's cool, but some might think it looks creepy and dirty. Overall though, I think CSUMB is a good college, that is still growing, and I might stay here for the next 3 years.
Compare CSUMB/CSMBSave CSUMB/CSMB