StudentsReview :: Biola University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Average
Academic Success
B
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Academic Success than the average student.
Date: Mar 31 2008
Major: Journalism (This Major's Salary over time)
I loved Biola, I had such a great experience there. I was a journalism major and the journalism program was just taking off when I was finishing. I didn't find my courses challenging enough and I didn't have any journalism teachers that were amazing, although they were very genuine and kind. I have heard the program has improved though. As for Bible classes, ask around for the right teachers and you won't regret it! There are some phenomenal Bible professors. If I were to go back, I wouldn't take a Bible class without asking someone about the teacher and I would choose a major that Biola is known for like English or Biblical Studies because some of the other majors don't have the quality, full time professors that the others get.

questionWhat have you heard that makes you think the journalism program is improving, just out of curiosity?
responseWhen I was leaving, they had hired another full time faculty member (in broadcast) who I had met earlier. She was really talented and upbeat. There were plans to construct a broadcast station which looked really great. The visual journalism program was expanding to include new equipment and more classes.
questionHi, I'm think of majoring in Journalism at Biola. Considering that it's been a couple years since you graduated, how do you see you see your diploma in the "real world"?
comment*thinking