StudentsReview :: California State Polytechnic University - Pomona - Extra Detail about the Comment

Educational QualityA- Faculty AccessibilityA

SAT1220
C-
Faculty Accessibility
A
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Jun 09 2008
Major: Anthropology (This Major's Salary over time)
I can't believe how negative people are about this campus. They expect everything to be handed to them like in high school. There is an incredible amount of facilities available and they are all very accessible because no one seems to use them. People complain about not being able to get classes. I can see this as an issue, but it is one that I have hardly experienced. I only had one quarter with this problem and it was because I forgot to register during my appointment. GEs are easy to get. I don't know about business students and engineering students. Also, students complain about professors not speaking english well. I have had four professors with English as a second language. One was for French class, one for German, one for STATs and one for History. The history professor was fantastic, he just had a bit of a french accent and was hilarious. Then my SATs professor was a native chinese speaker but I had no problem understanding him. If you can't understand your professor, sit closer to the front, record the lectures, or go to their office hours. Also, every professor is required to have office hours. If they are not present, it is your job to inform the dean. If they don't satisfy your need, set up an appointment. It is absolutely pathetic that students are incapable of realizing how many solutions their are to their "issues." From what I have learned of friends schools, the work I do at Cal Poly is usually more advanced than that of my peers in my field. When I tell my friends that I'm writing an average of ten 12+ page papers a year they are shocked and say they have written maybe 4 total. And when I tell them that I have classes that require multi media projects they are surprised that we have access to facilities of that type. The only thing this school is missing is higher paid faculty, a rec center, more classes (for the majors that need them) and some more prestige.
Compare CSU/CSPU-PomonaSave CSU/CSPU-Pomona