StudentsReview :: Liberty University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityB Extra CurricularsB
SafetyA
Friendly, Approachable

B
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jun 13 2008
Major: Psychology (This Major's Salary over time)
I am an older student, with several graduate degrees in my field (Master's and Doctorate). I felt the need to earn a graduate degree in psychology and counseling. I researched the non-traditional options vigoriously, and Liberty came out way ahead for my needs.

Most of the work in my particular progam can be done online, with three one week residencies required over a 2-3 year period. These three residencies are those classes that really can't be adequately taught online. For example, developmental psych is taught online, whereas the class dealing with group therapy (group process) is a required residency class.

Since I have a few traditional degrees to compare the Liberty experience to, I feel that I have a very good perspective on the distance program. It is as academically challenging as my traditional classwork. I have found the Liberty counseling program to be very focused and "tight." You learn the things you need to know to fulfill the CARCEP requirements, and to be ready for the national and state exams.

I would highly recommend the Master's in Professional Counseling program to anyone interested in this field.

Compare LibertySave Liberty