StudentsReview :: The University of Phoenix Phoenix Campus - Extra Detail about the Comment

Tulsa Community College -- Tulsa, OK

Friendly, Afraid, Arrogant, Broken Spirit, Snooty

Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Safety
B
He cares more about University Resource Use than the average student.
Date: Jun 18 2008
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I would not recommend this university to anyone my councelors do not listen to me and I only hear from them when they want something. I have been working on my core classes for over three years now and all of a sudden I recieve a phone call from the senior academic councelor while at work basically threatinging me that if I do not complete my math courses then I may or may not be able to finish my degree until I do. In the past my councelors have told me not to worry about the class that I can pick it up when I am ready. Apparrently that is not true. I tried to take the course at a local campus but I am being told that I cannot take it until the current class at the campus comes to that course and then I can enroll into the math course but not until they are ready to take that course according to thier degree program and when they get to that point. I tried to get a tutor from the university and all I can get is a online tudor that is almost to impossible to get a hold of and then everything has to be typed in order to be able to ask a question have you ever tried to type a math problem on your computer if takes up alot of time. Do I need to go on. Since I cannot seem to get into a class on the local campus I am told to go to another university that will give me acceptable credits that UOP will accept to accomplish this class so I find a school that can accomadate me and when I let UOP know they tell me that I cant get their class funded becuase you can only recieve funding for one school at a time so why did they tell me to find another school to begin with knowing this wasting my time and making this situation even that much more difficult. So what would you do stay with UOP I am looking for another school as I speak to say the least what really pisses me off is I am getting very close to finishing my degree and now I have to find someone else who is willing to give me the support that I need. By the way I have held a GPA that has gotten as low as a 3.77 and as high as a 3.85 but nothing less than a 3.77 in the six years that I have been going.

commentUniversity of Pheonix is a fast paced, self paced, thought provoking program and is not for everyone. It sounds to me like you need a slower paced more hands on approach to start with like one would get a community college or small home town college. There are other options. If your not happy with UofP try somewhere else.
commentYou were failing because they never ask to write math problem on ms word, its a Math lab. retard
Compare UPhoenix-PhoenixSave UPhoenix-Phoenix