StudentsReview :: Mills College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

Mills College

Alumni Survey

Date: Jul 30 2008
Major: Music - Composition/Theory (This Major's Salary over time)
Not what it was cracked up to be! Everyone raved about Mills being pro-women and a supportive environment for women to be in. NOT TRUE. It's a pro-lesbian environment. But I'm a straight, married woman. They OUTCAST all straight women and treated my husband horribly, especially the militant lesbians. I really didn't have a problem with the lesbians' choice - I only wish they had respected mine (talk about reverse discrimination!)…As for the educational value, I was very disappointed. I transfered in as a junior to develop my own degree in Music Business, which I was assured would be possible. Once I was actually on campus, the administration basically told me too bad, I could no longer create my own major. It ended up being a non supportive place where I wasted my time and my money majoring in something I did not want to major in! The so-called ivy league school leaves so much to be desired, there's not enough space for me to comment on it all!

questionHow anti-straight would you say this college is? I don't have a problem with lesbians or bisexual people either, but I am a straight female contemplating attending this college. What is the percentage of lesbian/bisexual vs. straight here? Surely there must be some straight females there.
questionYes…Please answer that question. I have the same question. I am straight and want to get a good college ed. without being discriminated against. I especially do not want to have professors that have favoritism towards lesbians as opposed to straight women.
Compare MillsSave Mills